Sonic Design - Project 2



9/6/2020 - 23/6/2020 (Week 9 - Week 11)
Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
Sonic Design
Project 2

Project 2

For our second project, we are required to chose a story and narrate it. We may choose any kind of stories that ranges around 2 minute. I decided to look for folklore or fairytales as these kind of stories has the sufficient amount of dialogue to tell the story. I also thought it might be interesting to voice act as the characters in the story. 

After doing a little bit of digging here and there, I decided to go for a Cinderella story. 

As we are required to look for visuals to put in our video, I decided to look for the visuals on YouTube. 


Reference video

I decided to follow the narration and use the visuals in the video to save time so that I can focus more on the voice act and narration of the story.

After I got the script ready, I then narrate it under the covers in my own room.

First recording attempt

After I recorded the audio, I tried to clean it in Audition and adjust the volumes and eq it to make it sound better. After I'm done cleaning the audio, I sent it over to Mr. Razif for feedback.

Mr. Razif pointed out that the recording is quite nice and surprisingly the narration didn't sounded like my original voice. The only downside however, there was noticeable echo in my audio. Mr. Razif also said that I should add sound effects to my audio to make it sound more interesting.

Editing in Adobe Audition

Since my room's ceiling is quite high, therefore even if I recorded it under the duvet it still didn't really help. I then decided to re-record it one more time in another room.

Recording attempt #2

This time there's barely any echo in the recorded audio. Once I'm happy with the audio, I proceed to clean it up in Audition and add in the sound effects for the audio.

 Final audio with SFX

After I showed it to Mr. Razif, he was quite pleased with the outcome. The chosen background music also helps create the ambiance to the story. After I'm happy with the audio, I then exported the visuals and submitted it.

Final outcome


Reflection 

I find this project super fun to do as I get to voice act as several characters in the story. I also got the satisfaction when people couldn't tell that I was the one doing all the narration and voice acting in the story. It's overall a nice experience trying to do all the narration by myself. 

Comments

Popular Posts