Advanced Animation - Project 1



28/5/2020 - 11/6/2020 (Week 7 - Week 9)
Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
Advanced Animation
Project 1

Project 1

For our first project, we're required to use the flour sack rig that was given to us and create a 15-30 seconds animation in Maya.

I decided to sketch out the storyboard so that I can arrange the angle and shots accordingly. Mr. Kannan suggests us to sketch out the storyboard too so that we can save time and only animate the parts that was needed for the scene. 


Storyboard for the animation

My story idea was to have the character falling asleep, but then it got startled throughout the nap and it decides to continue to sleep anyways and move out of the scene with character.

After showing the storyboard to Mr. Kannan, he approves of it and I then proceed to animate the character in Maya.


Animating in Maya

After animating in Maya, I playblast it and showed it to Mr. Kannan:

Animation attempt #1

After showing it to Mr. Kannan, he told me that I could set up a simple scene for the animation, like where the floor would be placed. He also told me that I could try and work on different angles so that it looks more interesting rather than having the animation in a single shot. He also advised me to add in some audio to make the animation more lively.

I then separated the animation into 4 different shots, and I saved the files separately.

Animation attempt #2


After I amended the animation, I showed it to Mr. Kannan once again. He told me that I could zoom in/out at some of the scenes so that the camera doesn't just stay at one spot. He also told me that I could try to exaggerate the movements of the character to bring more life to the character. 

After making further improvements, I'm ready to submit the project:

Animation final outcome





Comments

Popular Posts