Design Research Dissertation


Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
Design Research Dissertation

During the first week of class, we were told what to expect this semester, and I have already been told my some seniors that dissertation is going to be quite stressful and requires a lot of time. Dr. Hayati told us to prepare for a presentation to pitch our topics to the judges, which we were required to present the week after.


After we got done with the presentation, we proceeded with writing our dissertation. 


First Draft

After showing Dr. Hayati my first draft, she asked me to make some changes and to continue on writing and completing my draft.

Second Draft

After the second draft, I made another a couple more changes before landing on the final draft.

Final Draft 

After completing the draft, we move on to publishing. We are required to come up with a mood board and show it to the lecturers.


I spent the next few weeks with digitizing the book and design the cover and layout.



Final book design

After completing the book cover, we are required to turn our articles into journals. Dr. Hayati gave us a lot of pointers on doing it, and it was very helpful.

We are required to write our justifications to justify our choices. I chose three different journals and provided the justifications.


After having the justification done, its time to make decisions on which journal to choose.
Looking for a journal is not that easy as it has to relate to our topic. I ended up choosing Animation: An Interdisciplinary Journal as my journal for submission.

Below is my justification:

Justification for journal


Final submitted journal

Comments

Popular Posts