3D Modelling - Project 1



Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
3D Modelling
Project 1 

For our first project, we are required to model a robot and a house. 

For the model robot, we took reference from the movie "Robots". 


Reference image 

For the most part, modelling the robot wasn't really difficult, but what was challenging is the details and small parts of the robot, which I think makes a big difference in shaping the robot to look alike. I didn't realize it sooner, but it was later that I notice the proportions were not quite right and that caused the robot to look different from the original shape. 

Modelling in Maya




Final outcome of the model

Proceeding to the house model, Mr Kannan gave us the freedom to choose to do any type of houses that we like, he showed us some references for the house model, and I decided to make a building-type house as I can have more freedom in modelling tiny parts and details, which I had fun doing it.


Image references

In the end I decided to follow the second image reference and try to model as close to it as I can. I see this as a challenge to see how close I can model it while placing my own tweaks to it. In my opinion, house modelling is a bit more challenging as there are a lot of details that can go unnoticed if I don't pay much attention to it. 

Modelling process in Maya

The challenges that I faced during the house modelling is how to get the little details right. For example, the plant on the rooftop and the stairs on the second floor. Knowing that I'll have to texture the house, I have to determine what needs to be modeled and what does not. Nevertheless, I manage to complete the house model.





Final outcome 

Reflection

I have felt more accomplished after I done my modelling for the first project. I enjoyed modelling a lot and the sense of accomplishment is always high after I completed my model. However even so, I still think that I definitely need to continue to polish my skills so that I can continue to improve and strive to make my models look more realistic.  

Comments

Popular Posts