Design Research Methodology - Proposal


3/4/2019 -24/4/2019  | Week 1-Week 4
Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
Design Research Methodology
Proposal

Lecture Notes

Week 1 




Week 2 





Instructions



Week 1 
During the first class, Miss Jinchi introduced us to Design Methodology by going through the MIB. In short, we are supposed to look up for a topic that we're interested in and Miss Jinchi adviced us to pick a topic that would help us in our future final project.

I spent the rest of the class time trying to look for topics that would be interesting. Since I have a huge interest in film/ animation industry, I thought I would do something related to that field.
So during the class, I came up with these ideas:
-What does film industry in Malaysia lacks?
-Why is games in Malaysia so underrated in comparison to other Southeast Asia countries?

Week 2
On the second class, Miss Jinchi introduced us to the other lecturer, Dr. Hayati. For the class, we are told to be set on one specific topic. Initially I chose to do the topic what does film industry in Malaysia lacks, but after consulting Miss Jinchi, she said that the topic is leaned more towards marketing strategy and I might have strayed a bit far from the main topic. Hence I decided to look up for some more ideas that I could potentially dive into.
In the middle of the class, Miss Jinchi and Dr. Hayati decide to divide the class so that they'll be able to handle the amount of students easier. In the meantime I looked up for the topic related to character design, and I discovered that I could try to dive into this topic. I consulted Dr. Hayati and propose my idea to her and she gave a a few suggestion to improve my statement.

My first proposal 

Feedback:
Miss Jinchi asked me to pick a topic that is not so much focused on marketing strategy and psychological side.

Week 3
This week I tried to rephrase some words and do more research on character design. I consulted Dr. Hayati for feedback and this is my second proposal.


My second proposal.

Feedback:
Dr. Hayati asked me to rephrase a few words and said that I should add more research questions. Overall the research objective is ok, but the research problem needs to be redefined.

Week 4
So this week is the deadline for our final proposal, after making some final adjustments, this is my final proposal!


My final proposal.


Comments

Popular Posts