Illustration and Visual Narrative - Project 2


Week 7-Week 9
Lee Yu Hui (0335787)
Illustration and Visual Narrative
Project 2

Instructions



Project 2
Week 7- Week 9
After that's done, we moved on to our next project, which is making a short comic.
We were told to pick from a series of short stories written by Edgar Ellen Poe, in which after going through a few of them, I decided to go with "The Black Cat".

I first drew out my storyboard and sketches based on the story. 



Figure 2.0 My sketches.

After finishing the sketches, it's time to digitize it! 




Figure 2.1 My initial work.

Initially, I used AI (Adobe Illustrator) to illustrate my comic. However, it's taking too much of my time and I didn't like how it turned out. Hence, I decided to do it in photoshop.

Figure 2.2 My sketches in photoshop

Sketching in Photoshop is much easier than doing it in Illustrator in my opinion. This was my first time sketching digitally in Photoshop, and to be honest, I wasn't really a huge fan of digital art before, but after doing this, it really opened my eye and I really liked illustrating online. Anyway, after finishing the sketches, I did the coloring part of the comic.

Coloring was quite a handful for me at first, I didn't know how to color it nicely, and it took me a lot of time to color the whole thing. Thankfully, Mr. Kannan and Mr. Hafiz gave me useful advice on how I can improve my work.


Figure 2.3 My final outcome.

Reflection:
I'm happy that I got the opportunity to do a comic digitally. It really opened my eye about illustration and I have grew more and more interest into illustration. I'm thankful that Mr. Hafiz, our lecturer gave us enough freedom to explore around whilst being able to learn in the process. I'm looking forward to what I could accomplish in the future.

So that's it for my second project! Thanks for watching!

Comments

Popular Posts