DPI- Project 1


15/10/2018- 12/11/2018 | Week 7-Week 11
Lee Yu Hui | 0335787
Digital Imaging and Photography
Project 1

Recomposition of Jacek Yerka's Surrealistic Artwork
After doing weeks of exercises, it's finally time for our first project! For our first project, we were told to recreate a surrealistic art by Jacek Yerka.

After doing a little research, I notice that most of Jacek Yerka's work a quite complicated, and it would be hard to make it look alike to the original. I searched through quite a few of Jacek Yerka's work, and I narrowed down to three of his artwork that I think would be quite manageable.

The original image by Jacek Yerka.

In the end, I chose to do the one on the right, and so I first started to search for images online on the free stock images websites.


I had a hard time finding the right images online, and I had a lot of layers in my folders. At one point, I got really frustrated as I couldn't make the color scheme look alike, and I just felt that something was off in my image. 


I manage to get it look somewhat close to the color scheme in the original picture, and I had to create a lot of layers and filters to made it look green- yellowish. 

After adding some more shadows and a little noise into the image, I finally got it done!
My final outcome.

This project really takes a lot of time and requires great skills to make it look alike to the original picture. To be honest, in the end, I still wasn't really satisfied with the outcome. I still think it could be improved. But anyhow, this is the best that I could came up with, hopefully with years of practice in the future, I could get better at it.









Comments

Popular Posts